Monday, September 5, 2011

Tips For Staying Organized

It's that time again... back to school! I'm always so conflicted at this time of year. Part of me is so disappointed that summer is over, yet another part of me is excited for a new year and new classes. This year is especially exciting because I am a senior! In addition to my senior year of college, I have taken on another internship at one of the top fashion PR firms in New York City. In order to keep myself semi-sane, I have to be VERY organized. I'm sure many of you have very busy schedules as well between school, internships, sports, clubs, sororities, etc. So, if you're in the market for some helpful organizational tips... look no further!



Michael Kors Watch
 Get a watch! I repeat... get a watch! Not only can they be very stylish, but they are also super practical. I know we live in the age of technology and we all have cell phones that tell us the time, but hear me out. A watch will always be right on your wrist so you can glance at it at a moments notice. Also, your cell phone battery can die! Having a watch on at all times can truly help to keep you on time and less stressed. This helps with organization because if you are always on schedule, you'll have more time to get other things done.

Post-it Flags
Post-it Flags! These little guys are honestly life savers! Whether I'm marking up a to-do list, reading through a textbook, or taking notes at my internship, these can always come in handy. They are so versatile and help you to mark off and remember important things. I love them because they come in a variety of colors so you can color-code your reminders for different parts of your life. Also, they are small enough to carry around with you and not take up too much space.

Vera Bradley Student Agenda
Use a calendar. Whether it is the calendar in your phone, on your MacBook, or your planner, it is important to write down everything that you have to do. Remembering everything can be difficult, so writing things down lets you keep room in your brain for those new Lady Gaga lyrics. I like to write down homework assignments and when they are due, important events for my internship, as well as club meetings and dates with my friends. I don't want to forget anything that I have to do, so writing it down helps me to remember as well as schedule my time.

Marc Jacobs Small Canvas Tote

Use the same bag for school every day. It makes it a lot easier to find things if you know right where to look. If you're constantly switching your school or work bag, it is also easier for things to get lost. Bonus: if you have a super cute bag, you won't mind using it every day! For this year, I picked up a cute Marc Jacobs tote in NYC to carry all of my school books in.

Some other tips:
- I am a big fan of the "to-do" list. It keeps me organized on a day-to-day basis. Plus, nothing is more satisfying then crossing something off the list that is completed!
- Try color coding your notebooks/binders/folders/etc per class. It makes finding things a lot easier!
- Mentally go over what you have planned for the next day in your head before you go to sleep. It also helps to get everything together and even pick out an outfit the night before if possible.

What are some other tricks that you use to stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment