Sunday, August 21, 2011

Top 5: Fall Beauty Trends

I can't believe that we are already more than halfway through August. As much as I am disappointed to see summer, the beach, and warm weather go, I am starting to get excited for fall! I've been flipping through my HUGE September issues and I've seen a bunch of fall beauty trends that I can't wait to try out! So, without further ado, my top five favorite fall beauty trends:

 

 

 
1. Metallics! I love this sparkly trend and can't wait to start wearing gold, silver, copper, and bronze on my  eyes, cheeks, and nails!
  1. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Peridot ($25) [This is THE Chanel color of the season, BTW!]
  2. LORAC Starry-Eyed Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Superstar ($26)
  3. NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Madison Avenue ($23)
  4. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow in #16 Silver/Black Grey ($32)
  5. MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in Gold Deposit ($28)
  6. Sephora by OPI Nail Glitter in Silver ($5)
 
 
2. Essie's Fall 2011 "Brand New Bag" Collection. I absolutely love this line of nail polish! Is there anything more perfect than a nail polish line inspired by handbags? Nope! There are six colors in this collection and they all have cute names (typical of Essie) relating to bags. They are Carry On, Glamour Purse, Lady Like, Case Study, Very Structured, and Power Clutch. The magazine ad for this collection is amazing also. I love the look of the rich polish being poured over the clean, white bag. They are perfect for the fall season and I literally want all six colors!
 
 
 
 
3. New Feminine Fragrances! Ok, so this isn't necessarily a trend, but I can't wait to get my hands on two new designer perfumes coming out this fall. The first is Prada's Candy Eau de Parfum. This is a sweet scent with hints of caramel and musk. It sounds like the perfect fall fragrance scent to me! The second is Vera Wang's Lovestruck Eau de Parfum. This one is more of a floral scent, but is still very fun and girly. I love how it looks like lipstick is scribbled on the bottle to create the logo.
 


4. Jewel Tones! This is a super fun trend that can definitely make you stand out. I can't wait to try out these regal, yet playful colors (but definitely not all at once)!
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Saint Bernard ($17)
  • Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Blue Tie ($22)
  • Burberry Lip Cover Soft Stain Lipstick in Deep Burgundy ($30)
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Shadow in Forest Fury and Amethyst Ablazed ($8.99)
  • Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in What's Your Poison ($9.50)
  • NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Abbey Road ($23)


Bold Lips on the Gucci Fall 2011 Runway

5. Bold Lips! I'm excited to try out some of the bold lip colors for fall, especially coming off of summer where basically all I wore on my lips was cherry chapstick! Red is a big trend for the fall for clothes as well as lips. Personally, I'm craving some deeper hued reds such as Maybelline Sensational Lipstick in Red Haute, Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Plum, and Burberry Beauty Lip Cover in Brick Red.

What are some of the fall beauty trends that you can't wait to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment