Monday, January 30, 2012

Best Dressed At The SAG Awards

In my opinion, the fashion at the SAG Awards has blown the rest of the awards season away so far! There were some major fashion risks taken and I loved it. The stars pulled out all the stops and for most it definitely paid off. I loved most of the looks last night, even the ones that most people seemed to hate such as Kristen Wiig in Balenciaga (I didn't totally despise that choker), and Shailene Woodley in L'Wren Scott. However, my absolute favorites included:


Rose Byrne looked MAJOR in an Elie Saab sparkle jumpsuit. She took a huge fashion risk and it totally paid off for her. She has the perfect figure for an outfit like this and she really rocked it. I also love the look of her haircut with the deep v-neck of the jumpsuit. Huge fashion moment!


Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta. In another sea of neutrals, Emily really stood out in this gorgeous one-shoulder dress. The color is exquisite ("Oscar does the best greens") and she looks stunning from head-to-toe. Her hubby John Krasinski looks so gorgeous in a midnight blue Prada suit as well. Best dressed couple of the night for me!


Viola Davis in Marchesa. Seriously, all I can say is WOW! The white dress really popped against her amazing skin. She looked flawless and I love how confident she looks in this Grecian-inspired dress. I cannot wait to see what she wears to the Oscars!


Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen. Girlfriend has been killing it on the red carpet this year. This McQueen dress is amazing and I am obsessed with the detail up top. I love that she is rocking a shorter hemline since the SAG Awards are a little less formal. Once again, Emma Stone is a total standout.


Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Haute Couture. Zoe looks incredible (as usual), but what is most amazing is that this dress was shown in Europe literally like two days before she wore it! She looks stellar in a dress that is literally fresh off the runway.


Ummm, holy hotness: Amber Heard in Zac Posen! This black dress was anything but boring! This dress was definitely edgy with the cutouts and unusual neckline. I also really think her hairstlye completed this look. She totally nailed the edgy glam vibe!


Kyra Sedgwick looks smokin' in Emilio Pucci. Can we talk about the fact that she is 46 years old for a second? She absolutely OWNED girls who are half her age on the red carpet. She looks super sexy in this cutout, backless dress.


Jessica Chastain in Calvin Klein Collection. I am obsessed with the color of this dress against her skin tone and hair color. She has worn other bright colors before and I absolutely love them on her. The dress is simple, but it really looks so classic and beautiful. I also love how she matched her sapphire earrings to the color of her dress.


Lea Michele showed some serious leg in Versace! You have to be seriously daring to wear a slit that high, but Lea is totally owning it! The grey color of the dress was really different and I love the detail on the bodice. As annoying as some people thing she is on the red carpet, you have to admit, she always looks fabulous!

What are some of your best and worst dressed from the SAG Awards?

No comments:

Post a Comment