Monday, January 16, 2012

Best Dressed At The Golden Globes

The Golden Globes are the first MAJOR fashion event of awards season and they really set the tone for all of the other shows. I love seeing who is bringing it on the red carpet at the Globes, because they usually contrinue that pattern throughout the rest of awards season as well. This year, there were tons of neutrals...again. I myself love a good neutral, but this trend might get boring real fast on the red carpet. Here's a quick peek at who looked fabulous on the Globes red carpet:


Angelina Jolie looked positively stunning in Atelier Versace. She truely looked like Hollywood royalty in this gown. I love the lines of the dress and how she went matchy-matchy with the red in the dress, red lips, and red clutch.


Emma Stone in Lanvin was so unexpected, yet SO good. The color of the dress compliments her skin tone and hair color fabulously. She said it best herself, "It's purple and fuchsia and there's an eagle." Yes.


Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Couture was absolute perfection. She is drop dead gorgeous to begin, but this dress was amazing. She looked beautiful in the blush color and I am obsessed with the hemline and her headband.


Claire Danes in J. Mendel. I know some people didn't love this dress, but I thought the black and white  contrast was really interesting and the back is to die for.


Reese Witherspoon killed it in Zac Posen. She looks like a total bombshell in this red dress! The color, her curves, and the hemline are all totally working for me. I also love her messy, bedhead hair. She looks like she is having so much fun in this look.


Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann. What I love about Tilda is that she is always so "her." She never tries to be anything she's not and so she comes across looking comfortable and fabulous. I love her in the color and look. Plus, I met her through my last internship and she was SO nice!


Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci. She has been looking amazing on the red carpet lately and this look is no exception. This dress is so unusual and she pulls it off flawlessly. However, I'd love to see her mix it up soon and wear some color for a change.

Do you agree with my picks or did I forget your favorite? Stay tuned for the SAG Awards red carpet next!

No comments:

Post a Comment