Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Wardrobe Essentials

I know that summer is about half over already (bummer!) but there is still plenty of summer shopping time left! There have been a few pieces that I have worn over and over this summer, many of which are extremely versatile. I'm sure my poor wallet wants to thank me when I find clothes that I can actually wear everywhere: to work, to go out in, and to wear on the weekends! So, just in case you are still on the hunt for some great summer finds, here are my summer wardrobe essentials:

White Jeans - I'm definitely more of a dress-girl than a jeans-girl, but I have found myself living in my white jeans this summer! They're great because they go with just about anything like regular jeans, but have an edgier vibe to them. I also love how you can dress them up or down depending on the occasion. This particular pair are J Brand, but you can find white jeans in tons of different cuts in almost every store this summer.

Maxi Dress - As I mentioned before, I am definitely a dress girl! I love how simple it is to just throw on a comfy dress in the summer and still look totally chic. The maxi dress makes this philosophy even easier! Maxi dresses and skirts have been a huge trend this summer, so I always feel fashionable when I'm wearing one. I love the simplicity of a plain maxi dress, like the one above from Topshop, or you can go for a printed one for a boho feel.

Romper - In my opinion, the romper is the best of both worlds! It's essentially what would happen if a dress and shorts had a baby. I have been rocking mine all summer because they are so comfortable, yet still look so cute! Depending on the material of the romper, you could dress it up to go out, or wear it to a casual summer BBQ, like this one from Forever 21.

Headwrap - The headwrap has been very popular with celebrities lately and once I tried one out myself, I was hooked as well! Wearing one instantly ups your "cool-factor" because not only do you look fashion forward, but you are projecting the fact that you are confident in your style. Another great factor is that they are very easy to DIY with a thin, pretty scarf. However, I recently bought one similar to this from Anthropolgie and I love it!


Wedges - Wedges have been in style for a while now, but I still had to include them on my summer essentials list. I have worn my wedges more than any other shoe this summer because they look just as nice as heels, but they are infinitely more comfortable. Another plus is that they are work appropriate, but can also be worn to a lunch date with friends. I have quite a few pairs that I LOVE from Steve Madden, like the ones above.

Do you agree with any of my summer wardrobe essentials? What have you been living in this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment