Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Trend I'm Loving: Printed Pants

One of the big trends this season (and next fall!) is printed pants and I have to say, I'm loving it! Naturally, it seems like going bolder up top and more subdued on the bottom is the easier look to pull off, but printed pants are just so much fun.

Bold pants have been all over the runways the past few seasons including these looks from J Crew Fall 2012, Prada Fall 2012, Isabel Marant Spring 2012, and Alexander Wang Spring 2012. I would literally do unspeakable things for a pair of those Isabal Marant's. Celebrities have been all over the look as well.


While the runway looks are incredible, these celebs made printed pants look much more wearable for real life. Kristen Stewart and Olivia Palermo (who I have a major style crush on) demonstrated that adding a black blazer totally tones down the loud print of the pants. Beyonce also added a black top that was a nice contrast from the floral pants. Rihanna proved that the chambray shirt really does go with everything and Victoria Justice added a basic white tee and cardigan to make her look more casual.




Recently, I've been rocking the look myself. If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram (@ashleysantucci) you've seen me use the hashtag #printedpantsfriday. The ridiculously amazing bright floral print pants are from H&M and were literally only like $15. I wore them with a black top and wedges since the pants were already so loud. The black and white pants were a find from Loft and I styled them with a neon yellow, sheer top and the same black wedges. These pants are a linen material and super comfortable!

If you are feeling this trend like I am, you can find great options at ASOS, Zara, Topshop, Forever 21, and ShopBop.

No comments:

Post a Comment