Saturday, October 1, 2011

Top Five: Fall Wardrobe Essentials

Today is October 1st and one of the first days that it actually feels like fall! Thank goodness, because I cannot stand any more humidity. As much as I love the beach and a good summer dress; I always get excited for fall clothes. I'm obsessed with good layering, riding boots, scarves, and sweaters! There are some very fun trends this season that are a necessity, as well as the classic autumn essentials. In my opinion, these are the top five must-haves for Fall 2011:


1. Black Wedge Ankle Boots - I bought a pair similar to these from Nine West and have barely taken them off since. They are so versatile and can be worn out with dresses and skirts (with or without tights!) or just with jeans. Plus, because of the wedge, they are super comfortable - just like a pair of summer wedges! [Steve Madden]


2. Skinny Cords & Colored Jeans - OK, so I know these are technically two different items, but they are both SO perfect for fall. Cords just scream "fall" to me and the skinny version is a cute, trendy, updated version of the classic. I will wear mine with a sweater and loafers to run errands in and then with riding boots, a sheer button down, and a blazer for a more equestrian look! Next, colored jeans are very on-trend at the moment. They were a popular look over the summer as well, but I'm craving deeper hues for this season. [Gap and J Brand]



3. Cape - Seriously, the cape was everywhere on the Fall runways and just about every major designer has made one. I'm still looking for the perfect one that is in my price range, so if you have any suggestions, let me know! The cape will instantly make you look put together and is more unexpected than a regular jacket or sweater. [TopShop]


4. Knit Sweaters - These aren't exactly a trend because they are always a cool weather staple. But, this season I'm loving sweaters with larger holes in them in addition to the classics. A style like this is perfect with jeans and boots but I'm also dying to wear one over my black maxi dress to make it wearable for fall! [Express]


5. Riding Boots - Again, boots are always a necessity for fall and this season is no different. I have a brown and a black pair from Ralph Lauren (not the ones above, but similar) and they probably get more use than any other item in my closet. My ultimate fall outfit would be my brown riding boots, a striped t-shirt, a sweater, a circle scarf, and piles of bracelets. Oh, and a pumpkin spice latte in hand, of course. [Ralph Lauren]

What are some items that you are dying to wear this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment